Join Us for the 2018 McNeese All-Star High School Marching Band!
Saturday, September 15
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 1
The McNeese All-Star High School Marching Band is our version of a "high school band day" at a McNeese home football game. Our event is individual-based, meaning attendance of full high school bands is not a requirement. Individual high school band students may register and attend our exciting day of college marching band and football on a wonderful campus and in an exciting atmosphere.
In 2017, we welcomed over 300 high school musicians. Help us reach our goal of 350 in 2018!
Each fall, the Pride of McNeese welcomes high school musicians from across Louisiana and Texas to our Lake Charles campus to perform with The Cowboy Marching Band at an exciting Cowboys home football game! Students arrive on campus Saturday afternoon to register and rehearse a halftime show with the MSU band. Students stand side-by-side with the college musicians rehearsing several tunes for the show.
Following rehearsal, the high school students have dinner in the MSU band hall and are able to mingle with and meet students from over 25 other high schools. Following dinner the combined MSU Band and the All-Star Band march to the alumni center, tailgating area, and stadium, performing for thousands of spirited Cowboy fans.
After viewing the first half of football, the day culminates with a halftime performance for over 15,000 fans on the beautiful artificial turf field at Cowboy Stadium.
How YOU can be part of this fantastic annual event:
- Submit a registration form & pay by credit card (preferred method) or use the pay-by-check option. Online payments are secure, with no additional fee. (click below to register)
- Mail your payment (if paying by check)
- The deadline for registration is September 6
- The participation fee is $35, which includes game admission, event shirt and dinner
- The performance uniform will be khaki shorts (or pants) and the event shirt (provided on the day of the event)
- Music and information will be mailed to registered students, through their band director, 2 weeks prior to the event. An instructional video for color guard work will be posted to YouTube, to provide a head start for the guard students.
Refunds are not possible after participation fees have been processed
Registration will open in mid June
CLICK HERE to register & pay by credit card
CLICK HERE to register & pay by check through the mail